The Data Controller
The person responsible for processing personal data is:
Raj (Roggie) Clark
Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States
E-Mail: [email protected]
What is Personal Data?
“Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
What are your rights in relation to processing of your personal data?
The GDPR grants you the below rights. You can enforce those against me at any time, simply by contacting me.
- You have the right to request confirmation as to whether data in question is being processed and to information about this data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Art. 15 of the GDPR.
- You have according to. Art. 16 GDPR the right to request the completion of the data concerning you or the correction of incorrect data concerning you.
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to request that data concerning you will be deleted without delay or, alternatively, in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request restriction of the processing of the data.
- You have the right to request that the data concerning you that you have provided to me is transferred to other data controller in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR.
- You have the right to revoke any consent given in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR with effect for the future.
- You may also object to the future processing of data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
What types of data do I process?
When you visit my website, I may process the following types of data:
- Inventory data (e.g., names)
- Contact data (e.g., e-mail, telephone numbers)
- Content data (e.g., text input)
- Usage data (e.g., websites visited, interest in content, access times)
- Meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses)
What is the purpose of processing data?
I may process your data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Provision of my website, its functions and content
- Answering contact requests and communication with users
- Sending you my Newsletter
- Establishing contact between users and my clients
- Security measures
- Reach measurement/marketing
What are the legal bases for processing your data?
In accordance with the GDPR, I need to have a legal basis to process personal data and unless I have mentioned a different purpose, the following applies:
- the legal basis for obtaining consent is Art. 6(1)(a) and Art. 7 GDPR,
- the legal basis for processing to fulfill my services and carry out contractual measures and respond to inquiries is Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR,
- the legal basis for processing to fulfill my legal obligations is Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR,
- and the legal basis for processing to protect my legitimate interests is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
What security measures do I take to make sure your personal data is protected?
I take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with Art. 32 GDPR. The measures include, in particular, safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical access to the data, as well as access to, entry into, disclosure of, assurance of availability of and segregation of the data.
When do I delete your data?
The data processed by me will be deleted or restricted in its processing as soon as it is no longer required for its intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention obligations. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law.
Cooperation with processors and third parties
If, in the course of my processing, I disclose data to other persons and companies (processors or third parties), transmit it to them or otherwise grant them access to your data, I must have a legal basis (e.g., the transfer is necessary for the performance of contract, you have consented, a legal obligation provides for this or on the basis of my legitimate interests).
On top of that and to ensure that your data is processed by a processor or third party in the same manner as I treat your data, a so-called “processing agreement” is signed with them on the basis of Art. 28 GDPR.
Integration of third-party services and content
Within my website, I use content or service offers of third-party providers on the basis of my legitimate interests in order to integrate their content and services (hereinafter uniformly referred to as “content”).
This always requires that the third-party providers of this content are aware of your IP address, as without the IP address they would not be able to send the content of my website to your browser. The IP address is therefore necessary for the display of my website.
Third-party providers may also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as “web beacons”) for statistical or marketing purposes. The “pixel tags” can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website. The information collected may also be stored in cookies on your device and may contain, among other things, technical information about your browser and operating system, referring websites, time of visit and other information about the use of my website, as well as being linked to such information from other sources.
The following provides an overview of third-party providers and their content, together with links to their privacy policies, which contain further information on the processing of data and so-called opt-out measures, if any:
- Analytics: Google Analytics by Google Inc
- Tag management: Google Tag Manager and Global Site Tag by Google Inc
- Conversion Tracking: Facebook and Google Inc
- Webhosting: GoDaddy
- Content Management System: WordPress by Automattic Inc
- Contact Form: Contact Form 7 by Google Inc
- Audio / Video Media: YouTube by Google Inc
- Remarketing and Advertising: DoubleClick by Google Inc and Facebook Custom Audiences
- Newsletter Dispatch: Mailchimp by Intuit Inc
Where any Personal Data relates to a third party, you represent and warrant that the Personal Data is up-to-date, complete, and accurate and that you have obtained the third party’s prior consent for my collection, use and disclosure of their Personal Data for the Purposes. You agree that you shall promptly provide us with written evidence of such consent upon my request.
You may withdraw your consent and request me to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the Purposes by contacting me. Should you withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data, it may impact our ability to proceed with your transactions, agreements or interactions with us. Prior to you exercising your choice to withdraw your consent, I will inform you of the consequences of the withdrawal of your consent. Please note that your withdrawal of consent will not prevent me from exercising my legal rights (including any remedies) or undertaking any steps as I may be entitled to at law.
I endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your Personal Data are based upon accurate and timely information. However, I rely on you to disclose all relevant information to me and to inform me of any changes in your Personal Data. As such, please disclose all relevant information necessary for me to provide services to you and ensure all information submitted to me is up-to-date, complete, and accurate. Kindly inform me promptly if there are any changes in your Personal Data.