In this post I will discussing, What is Technical SEO, Why it is important, and how to do it for a beginner.
I believe reading these three post will help you gain a better understanding of this higher level concept!
What is Technical SEO?:
Technical SEO is all about improving the speed, navigation, and responsiveness of your website to improve search rankings.
I would consider it to be the most important part of SEO because it is all about make sure your website is reliable.
Strategies may include:
- Website Speed Optimization
- Fixing a blocked Robot.txt file
- Fixing XML Sitemap Crawling errors.
Why is Technical SEO Important?:
Technical SEO is important because having a poor website experience has proven to have a negative effect on conversions and add to carts on your website.
In fact, for each one-second delay in page load time there will drop of 7% in your conversion rate(Trinity).
So a website that has a load time of say:
10 seconds, can almost guarantee that it will be impossible to sustain their marketing efforts!
How to Do Technical SEO?:
Here is a simple list of things that an SEO specialist can do to improve a website:
- Crawl your website using a tool like Screaming Frog
- Check your link heath ( Any 404 broken links or 500 server errors)
- Use this Google tool to check your robots.txt file
- Check to make sure your sitemap is submitted to Google
- Calculate your website’s core vitals using Lighthouse
- Check to see if you have any Orphan Pages.
Is Coding Knowledge Required?:
After checking your website, if you find anything broken you may want to write a ticket to your web developer to have them fix it!
Technical SEO Wrap -Up:
Okay, so now you should have a firm understanding of Technical SEO! In future post I will explain each component in more detail.
As always good luck on your SEO journey!